Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Christmas Cookies.... :o)

Well its getting to be that time of year when I start baking and trying out new cookie recipes on my family...

I got this recipe from a friend and it was a hit with my kids... so I thought I would share...

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup pecans, chopped


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream butter in large bowl. Add sugar, cream until light. Stir in vanilla. Mix in flour and salt. Stir in nuts.
Shape into balls.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Roll in additional powdered sugar straight out of oven. Roll again when cool.
Yeilds: About 36 cookies

3 comments:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Hello!
You have the cutest blog I really am enjoying it!
Diane at Crafty Passions

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

These sound a bit like Mexican Wedding Cakes or Russian Tea Cakes, yummy!

simple~needs said...

hey girl!! i cant believe i found your blog!! that is so cool :) recipes sound great!!!